Floors have always been in the process of innovation. Trends change quickly, when it comes to floors. Everyone wants a different and unique floor with maximum benefits, as floors are not something to change on a daily, monthly or yearly basis. Coming towards the flooring option, the market is flooding with hundreds of them. You can get easily confused about which one to have and which one not to have at your home. There was a time when natural levels were the only choice, but after the development and technology used in these sectors, synthetic floors are also making their place. Now, you may find synthetic types an equal choice of flooring with natural ones. Even in a few places, they are beating the natural types.
Both types have their pros and cons. This guide here is also about two popular types of floorings Wooden and Vinyl and their pros and cons to help you decide which one goes best for your home.
Hardwood floors are the full range of flooring used at both commercial and residential users. It is a natural type of flooring made of wood and developed in different ways to generate different types. This developing process also ensures its durability for a longer time. Here are a few pros and cons of wood floorings
- Floor for all ages: Hardwood floors are a privilege type of floorings since old times. The good thing about them is they never get old. They get developed with time and are still the preferred choice for everyone. Think of parquet plank and laminated wood. A few decades back, they were not found in shape, size and patterns they are found now. That’s why the wooden floor is called a floor for all ages. The design patterns and primary colors help the wood to get along with every type of decoration and lifestyle.
- Durable: Hardwood not only gives a robust look, but they are also a very durable and long-lasting choice for the surface. The laminated coating has made it more robust than before.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Hardwood floors are easy to clean and don’t require much maintenance as they are rough and tough material. Stains don’t stay long on the wood surface a damp cloth on layer make it look new and fresh every time.
- Eco-Friendly Choice: Hardwood is a natural material that makes it a perfect choice for those who prefer natural things around then human-made types. It is a natural anti-allergic and dust resistant material. SO people with allergy or health issues love hardwood.
- Hardwood is not preferable at places with the humid climate, and it is sometimes an expensive choice for buyers.
Vinyl Floor is a synthetic type of flooring. Polyvinyl chloride material with a mixture of different components is used to make this floor. Vinyl is also called PVC flooring. The materials which are mixed and combined during its make provide the flooring characteristics of colors, flexibility and sheen. Few pros and cons of vinyl floors are:
- Floors of contemporary age: Vinyl or PVC flooring is also known as modern flooring. It goes along with modern and contemporary style.
- Tough Floor: Vinyl Floor is compatible with heavy foot traffic, which is why it is preferred at commercial places like hospitals, schools, centers and play areas.
- Versatility: Vinyl Floors are available in different colors and types. Vinyl interlock tiles with a combination of different colors give you the privilege to design and decorate your floors.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Vinyl Floors are easy to clean and maintain. It is stain resistant in case of any damage which is irreversible you can just change that specific tile.
- Installation: When it comes to installation, vinyl tiles can be installed by yourself.
- Vinyl Floors fade with direct sunlight and a simple scratch on vinyl roll floor can lead you to change the whole sheet.
Both Vinyl and wood floors have never-ending benefits. Chose according to your specific needs and budget, and you can also go for different floorings in every room. In the end, it is your choice to make a decision.